Crayfish Fun Facts
- Someone who studies crayfish (and some other fish) is called a Hydrogeologist .
- There is a species that is blue. It is called a Blue Crayfish. There are also red and white crayfish.
- The red crayfish is the most common, the blue is the second most common, and the white crayfish is the least common.
- With proper care a crayfish can live two years in captivity.
- Over 350 species of the 500 crayfish species of the world live in the United States.
- The most common crayfish gets 3-4 inches long, but they can get much bigger in the wild in deep lakes.
- There is a crayfish that is called a dwarf crayfish that is really tiny.